Monday, February 6, 2012

What's for desert?

I love the little peer pressure we all get for the desert thing. 'What do you mean you aren't having any desert'? 'Make sure to save some room for desert'! 'You gotta' try this desert'! And I was the very willing recipient of every desert offer in the history of man. I even starting trying 2-3 different deserts at a restaurant.

Unfortunately, those little miracles often have serious amounts of sugar, white flour, salt, fat and a ton of butter in those delicious dishes. I noticed I started putting on pounds real fast.  And I just knew that eating so many deserts so often was not a good thing. But I just kept right on cruising along, never really wanting to know about a healthier way. We'll explore this denial factor of mine in later postings :)

I still love the idea of deserts! And who says I can't still have it, just with some different food choices that make them tasty and healthy? It's a win/win, if you ask me.

Ranman desert picture of the day: Mango, brown pear, hazelnuts and soyogurt. All organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment