Saturday, February 11, 2012

TASTE-A-LICOUS


When I grew up, health food had a bland taste. I should know, too. My family owned a health food store in Marin County that my sisters and brothers all worked at. I remember the dry, cardboard taste of the 'candy' bars, in particular. I am happy to report things have improved!

Believe it or not, I actually do not know how to cook per se. I cannot bake at all. And I know no recipes. I followed one recipe in my life years ago. Did alright. And I made that dang dish a hundred times after that, because I am lazy :)

But what can be done at home to bring great taste in the mix of your daily foods? The use of herbs, spices, homemade sauces and healthy sweeteners (like juices, maple syrup, agave & honey) helps to make a healthy food choice taste great. And making great tasting food is crucial. Nobody goes to a restaurant that has horrible food. Same principle applies at home. A little attention, experimentation and adventure will result in tasty food dishes that will surprise yourself. Guaranteed :)

Ranman lunch picture of the day: romaine lettuce, tomatoes, kalamata olives, baby shrimp, almonds and blueberries. All organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment