Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Staying the course

I ain't no genius, that's for sure. I'm just another regular american that came real close to a heart attack or  stroke, something 600,000 of us here do each year and die. The pain in my lungs from multiple blood clots in that ER room was tremendous and no vicodin or dialadin worked until they came at me with morphine. But I'm smart enough to know it was just a short amount of time before some really bad stuff happened. I remember the nurse saying 'you made it. You got here in time. 50% don't ever leave their home. They just die right on the spot'. Gotta' love how blunt medical professionals are, eh?

So my motivation is very strong for never leaving healthy foods again. I believe that the foods we eat are the strongest possible medicine for our bodies. And I really like how good I am feeling these days :) It's been seven months now since I had my last burger and fries. And I just didn't think that was possible to do!

I don't have the room that others may have if I slip and start eating the foods that I feel made me sick. I take full responsibility for my heath choices now. And that's not something I used to do. One victory at a time, built upon one another, eventually wins the war.

Ranman dinner picture of the day: Whole Foods free range, grass fed chicken, lundberg short grain brown rice, raw almonds, sunflower seeds, teriaki and tamari sauces. All organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment