Friday, February 17, 2012

Don't leave home without it

So, it's morning and you are getting ready for work. This is a vulnerable food choice time for most of us. If you were anything like me, you were thinking, 'I'll just pick up a large latte and sweet roll at Starbucks on my way in'. Not good.

How about this scenario? The night before, put a few things in some zip lock bags so you can just grab and go the next morning. I keep fruit always at the ready, for example. Washed and ripe. Same with some veggies, too. And many different kinds of nuts right next to them. So, at worst case, I can get ready for work and grab them on my way out. Now, that's a good food choice victory that didn't take more than 15 seconds! Plus, you saved money because it's cheaper than Starbucks. And it's healthier.That's setting yourself up for success!

Someone once said, 'success is when opportunity meets preparation'. And a little planning can go a long way just by being a bit more conscious. It's the small, almost unnoticeable habits like these that can start to make or break a return to health. As one of my Tango teachers used to constantly tell us when we thought we couldn't do something, 'You can do it'!!!! :)

Ranman desert picture of the day: Apricots, bananas, mango, sliced raw almonds and soy yogurt. All organic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment