Thursday, February 23, 2012

Attitude is everything

Growing up, I rebelled, like a lot of us. But now days, I'm all about 'buying in' to something I am interested in. So a positive, can do attitude can work wonders. Especially when it comes to health. When I go see my doctor every month, my favorite phrase to her is, 'whatever you want me to do, Dr, I am going to do it' :) Of course she loves that, but my point here is she is on my side, my team and here to help me. And my mindset is that I need to give her my full attention and work with her to get the greatest benefit I can. For in the end, it all benefits me. Only took me a few decades to figure that one out :)

So I listen to the doctors and nutritionists and other health minded professionals speak on healthy lifestyle and I do all I can to emulate that. I research, experiment with recipes that taste good, read labels on foods I buy, ask questions, etc. But the person who continues to inspire and influence me the most is my step father. He was a fisherman, a produce man for over 30 years and ran a health food store when I was young. He's been eating healthy foods for decades and has never taken an aspirin, had a stomach ache or even been to a doctor in his entire life! He acts like a man 30 years younger. So I do everything I can to learn from him. And that's probably the wisest choice I have ever made in my return to health.

Ranman lunch picture of the day: Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, salmon, curry powder, balsamic vinegar, pumpkin seeds and hazelnuts. All organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment