Friday, January 20, 2012

Welcome message/My story

Welcome to my very first entry on my Ranman's from junk food to health food blog!

About six months ago, I was the unlucky recipient of blood clots in both lungs. I remember one of the doctors telling me 'clots in your upper, middle and lower lungs'. This was the second incident of clots in eleven  years. That first time, I recovered and the decision was made to not put me on a lifetime of blood thinner medication. This time, however, I wasn't so fortunate. The doctors said, in no uncertain terms, that I was going on the drug immediately and forever. Sometimes, life has a way of giving us wake up calls, especially if your condition has a 50% immediate fatality rate, which mine does (pulmonary emboli). And this definitely caught my attention!

Lying in that hospital bed, the first thing I decided was that I needed to change my lifestyle in order to have a chance to return to full health. So, a quick review of how I ate, lived and thought were needed. The results of those intimate, honest observations within myself started with what kind of foods I was putting into my body. For I knew I had not been leading a healthy lifestyle food wise for many years. I decided to eventually post a health blog when I got back on my feet. And so, without further ado, I shall start posting dishes I make at home, that are all entirely organic and healthy! Complete with my very opinionated opinions about the road to healthful recovery! From junk food to health food, baby! And no lookin' back :)

Ranman homemade dinner of the day picture: shrimp, asparagus, avocado, cucumber, onions, greek and kalamata olives, brazil nuts, walnuts, tomatoes, blueberries with lettuce. All organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment