Monday, January 23, 2012

Workin' with the taste buds

It took me a few weeks to allow my taste buds to change and get used to (and really like) the organic tastes of fruits and vegetables. Once you are used to sugar, salt, white flour and fat, it's difficult to switch over. To me, those culprits are as powerful as any addictive drug. Fast food restaurants, especially, understand this truth. Being profit driven, their concern is not for the customer, but rather, their dollars. Once I understood this fact, I started my journey into organic foods.

One of the first things I noticed was how good the food actually taste! Then I started to notice I wasn't getting any more stomach aches and headaches (and didn't need to keep taking tums or aspirin anymore). Then I noticed my pants started to fall down without my belt due to losing weight :) Mentally as well, I started to feel more positive and hopeful.

I took complete responsibility for my food choices from that point on. And took it away from McDonalds, my old home :)

Ranman homemade dinner of the day picture: King Salmon with sliced almonds and basil, greek olives, red bell pepper and tomatoes. All organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment