Saturday, January 21, 2012

Medications vs. natural foods

One of the statistics that blows me away is that half of all Americans are on 4.5 different medications a day! Arghhh! What's up with that? Why? Were our great grandparents on that many pills a day? Were their parents? Were there even those kinds of medications around 70 years ago? Of course not. And how much do all those pills cost? We all know the answer.

Soon after my blood clots were discovered, my doctor said these wonderful words, 'I think it's time we consider blood pressure and cholesterol lowering medication for life'! After I picked myself up off the floor and caught my breath, I demanded another test, because I had already started eating organic fruits and veggies, nuts, seeds, beans, fish and cut out all junk food. I knew my numbers were lower! My doctor gave me one month until another test. I'll let the numbers speak for themselves. Oh, by the way, I never had to take the medications :)

Blood pressure: 10/4/11-150/92
                              11/11/11 112-61 :)

Cholesterol:  8/11/11 total cholesterol 239/LDL 163
                       11/11/11 total cholesterol 206/LDL 139 :)

Ranman homemade lunch of the day picture: Soy yogurt, brazil nuts, walnuts, almonds, pear, banana, papaya, pineapple, raspberries and blueberries. All organic.

No comments:

Post a Comment